Las Vacaciones Ideales
You are going to plan a vacation
to one of the Spanish speaking countries. You may decide to describe
your ideal vacation or an adventure trip. Do you want to ski in the
Andes Mountains, hike a volcano, visit Maya or Inca ruins, live with a
family and study Spanish, or relax on a beach while monkeys play nearby
in the trees? Choose a Spanish speaking country from the list below and
start to plan your trip.
Buena suerte y Buen viaje.
Puerto Rico Spain
Costa Rica El Salvador
Chile Dominican Republic
You will design and plan a trip to a Spanish speaking country. You will share your plans with the class, calculate the cost of your trip, and teach us about your country. You can display your vacation plans using Powerpoint. You will be working individually.
Step 1 Find 3-5 interesting places to visit or activities you would like to do in your country. Find pictures and information about these places
Sites for Spanish-speaking countries
Lonely Planet Travel Guide
Links to specific travel destinations
site in Spanish
Then write the following in Spanish:
Itinerary -What you plan to do? In Spanish write what you plan to do on your trip.
Where will you go? Include the country you will visit and the places you will visit within your country
When will you go and for how long?
Pienso ir al Peru el 12 de Junio por un mez.
Primero voy a salir de New York .
Voy a llegar en Lima Peru .
Quiero quedar dos días in Cuzco.
Me gustaría hacer turismo aquí.
Después voy a dar una caminata por el camino de Inca.
Voy a acampar por la noche.
Voy a visitar Machu Pichu.
Va a ser interesante y divertido.
Las ruinas van a ser incredibles.
2) Cultural description
Pick two things you will experience or learn about on your vacation. This can be a place, famous landmark or monument, product, music, animal, food, or aninal. Write a description in Spanish. (3-5 sentences for each item)
3) A Map Identify the places you will be visiting on a map of the country.
4) Airfare-How much does your trip cost? Find out the cost of the airfare. Include the airline, your city of departure, connections as well as your destination. Quotes for airfare prices Travel plans
5) Rate of Exchange-Find out
the currency used in your country and the current exchange rate to the dollar.
6) Daily Budget- Based on the exchange rate and your daily costs, how much money will you need? Estimate/calculate a daily budget based on hotels, food, transportation, and other daily expenses. How much money you will need for your vacation? Budget Worksheet [Right click on the worksheet link. Choose "Save Target As". Save to your documents folder.]
7. Bibliography Cite sources
that you used.